- Your nerves can send messages faster than a Grand Prix car travels.
- The brain is the most complex machine in the universe - it has over 100,000,000, 000 nerve cells each with up to 150,000 connections. Each cell is connected to 25,000 others.
- If every person on the planet simultaneously made 200,000 phone calls, there would be the same total number of connections as in a single human brain in a day.
- The grey cells occupy only 5% of our brains - 95% is taken up by the communication network that runs between the grey cells!
- The brain weighs about 1.5 kg in an adult human, about 1.5% of the body weight.
- Damaged brain cells do not regenerate but mental and physical functions can improve after mild or moderate brain damage with skilful rehabilitation.
- Compared to other animals, human brains are big for the body.
- The human brain is only just bigger than your two fists.• On average, the male brain (approximately 1.4kg) is slightly bigger than the female brain (approx 1.26kg).
- Each half of the brain controls the other half of your body.
- The right side of the brain controls: musical talent, fantasy, imagination, dreams, drawing, and painting. The left side of the brain controls: mathematical ability, ability to solve logic problems, controls language skills, remembers names, dates, and facts.
- The grey part of the brain is folded to fit inside the skull and, if flattened, it would cover the surface of an office desk.
- The brain contains 100 billion brain cells of which, 100,000 are irretrievably lost each day.
- You can retain about seven facts at any one time in short term memory, but over the long term your brain has to forget things to make room for new memories.
- PPB3K has been devised to make your brain balanced in 3 basics competencies for our survival which is Self Awareness, Team Awareness and Leadership Awareness.