2. If you’re an employee stuck in a job you hate, take steps today, even small ones, to find a company or position more compatible with your skills and your true calling. You will never be inspired enough to create exciting innovations if you are not passionate about your role.
3. If you manage a team of people in a large corporation, develop intrapreneurs, giving people the time, resources, and encouragement to follow their passions and develop new ideas and, above all, the confidence to risk failure.
4. What people do you know who have followed a passion? Study them. Are they coming up with creative and unique ideas? Do they seem to have more energy, enthusiasm, and excitement than others? Talk to them. You may get some insights on how they made a transition from working at something that didn’t engage them to doing what they love.
5. Do you have interests outside of what you do for a living? If so, explore them. You may be surprised at how you can translate those passions into financial success.
6. Try something new this year. Take a course, read a book, or attend a conference that has nothing to do with your job.