1. Give yourself permission to dream big. Create a vision for your brand that inspires you to get up every morning. Develop a noble purpose that gives your life meaning. Chances are it will inspire your team as well.
2. Put your vision to the test. Make it bold, specific, concise, and consistent. Make sure your vision fits easily in a Twitter post of 140 characters or fewer.
3. See yourself having already accomplished your vision, regardless of how far it is in the future. Passion is the fuel that gives you energy to reach your dreams, but vision provides the road map.
4. Never underestimate the power of a bold vision to move society forward.
5. Does your company or cause have a bold, specific, concise, and consistent vision that everyone on your team can internalize? If not, it’s time you got one.
6. Do you know someone who has motivated others by communicating a big vision for his or her company or initiative? Pay attention to how such people incorporate that vision into their conversations.